Thursday, December 18, 2014

Stove Top Potpourri

Happy Holidays! The Christmas count down has began.  This is the last shopping weekend before Christmas.  So Glad I will not be shopping this weekend!!  My baking is done and I only have a few gifts left to wrap.  Woo Hoo!!  I have been working on homemade potpourri for some stocking stuffers.   I have always added apples, oranges, cinnamon and vanilla to a pot of water to simmer.  The aroma in the house is so wonderful.
This is the potpourri packaged and ready to add
 to the stockings. 

I dehydrated the oranges and apples using my dehydrator.  

The tag with instructions.  
All the ingredients- apples, oranges, Cinnamon sticks
and a bottle of imitation vanilla.
(I bought the vanilla at the Dollar store).  

The oranges in the dehydrator. 
The oranges after they were dry.  I left them out
for a few days to completely dry out. 
 t
The apples sliced and ready for the dehydrator. 
I left the apples in the dehydrator for 24 hours
but they were still a little moist so I dried them
for a few days on the rack. 
You can package these with a fresh apple and orange. By dehydrating them they can be used at a later date and still have the yummy aroma.  Good luck to all of you during this last week of the Christmas season.  I hope you find time this week to pray, relax and enjoy the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment