Thursday, October 22, 2015

TOPS Health-Opoly

As you know I belong to a weight loss group called TOPS.  We have contests to help get healthy, lose weight and keep it off .  I wanted to do some kind of board game so I came up with "TOPS Health-Opoly.  It's played somewhat like Monopoly but you have to lose weight, drink water, exercise in order to move around the board.  The ladies are having a blast playing and last week everyone lost weight....Woot Hoot!!! 
I printed out cartoon clip art for the board with
different assignments for the ladies to do each week.

I printed out fruit and veggie pieces and attached them
to round magnets.



When they land on "Pick A Card" they choose one of
the cards I printed out with instructions on what their
extra challenge is for the week. 

 For example:  NO sugar for 4 days this week.

Instead of "Go directly to Jail" I made a "Go to the Gym"
square.  They have to go to the gym and pay .25¢ to get
out of the gym the following week. 

I used a square piece of sheet metal as the game board
base. I used this same piece of metal for the Football contest

 I did last year. I was going to attach the sheet metal to the board but
changed my mind because the sheet metal is so much
lighter to carry back and forth to the weekly meetings. 
The game itself was a lot of work to put it all together but it was a lot of fun to make.  (Labor of Love).  I will share pictures of the ladies playing the game once we have a winner.  You all have a wonderful weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment