Monday, August 3, 2015

Wedding Invites

Good Morning! Hope all is well with you today. Today is a long posting.  Get your coffee ready.By the time I have shared this blog posting my Son will have married the love of his life.  I was delighted when they asked me to make their Wedding invitations.  I made different samples for my son and daughter-in-law to choose from.This is the design she choose because lets face it men really don't care about these kind of things...LOL  I used handmade paper from Michael's that I purchased mostly from the three different Michael's in  Arizona (AZ) while visiting my sister, luckily at 30% off. I also purchased the shimmer paper for the inside of the invitations in AZ at a paper warehouse.  It's just amazing how many paper craft stores AZ has.  The cost is soooooo much cheaper too.  I ran out of the shimmer paper and had to buy some here in Albuquerque. I was shocked for the same cost of the 100 sheets I purchased in AZ I only got 25 sheets here in Albuquerque. My daughter-in-law loved them as well as my son did.  That makes me happy! 
The outside of the invitations is made with the
handmade paper from Michael's.  The bow is made
using the SU  bow builder punch.  My neighbor Heather
 helped me attach all the bows! Thanks Heather!!

First flap on the left has an embossed bride and groom.

The middle has the announcement of the wedding
and the right side has card inserts for the reception,
accommodations and the RSVP card.

A close up of the embossed bride and groom.

My daughter-in- law Brittny searched Etsy and found
 a lady who does graphic work. She sent the lady the
wedding details and what she wanted printed in the invites.
She received a PDF file and we printed them ourselves
on the beautiful shimmer paper.  It was wonderful.
The cost was only $20.00.  I would definitely use this
lady again.  Worth the money!
 

A close up of the pocket with the inserted cards. 


Back side 
Here is the cuttings for the inside of the invite.

All the punched pieces for the bows

Bows complete. Yuppie!! 

The finished invitations.
Sorry for the long post, thanks for letting me share! I will post some pictures of the wedding later this month.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment