Friday, April 10, 2015

Baby Shower Card

Hello everyone! Hope you're having a wonderful week. Last month I had a baby shower to attend so one evening I headed into my craft room to make a baby card.. I knew I wanted to make a baby boy overalls card so I found some inspiration on Pinterest.  My first mistake was being in my craft room in the evening.... I am a morning person....What was I thinking to be crafting at night...?????  Now looking at the picture below the card looks perfectly fine, but its not....keep reading.
Since I didn't have any jean looking pattern paper I
started with a plain light blue piece of CS. Using a
background stamp I added the jean texture look to the CS.
I cut out the overalls, added the stitching with black pen,
and used blue inks to distress the edges.  

I added some embellishments in the pocket.

These buttons from my button stash fit perfect.

This is the first card I stamped and cut. 

OOPS! I cut the wrong side of the fold!!
So I re-stamped it and cut it again.  You guessed it,
I cut the wrong side again...UGH!!!!!!
Finally after the third attempt I got it right.  I should
have stopped and called it a night at this point but
I kept going determined to finish this card. 

After all the decorating on the front of the card was
done I attached the inside panel and stamp it.  Yippie
I was finished!!  That's when I realized I had attached
the inside panel to the wrong side of the card.
UGH!!!!!......UGH!!!!......UGH!!!!......UGH!!!
My lesson here is to never craft late at night...(past 7pm) Hee hee.  Check back next week and I will share with you the cards I finally made for the baby shower....Enjoy your weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment