Friday, October 10, 2014

Ready for some football?

Hello. Hope you have had a wonderful week so far. As I have mentioned several times I belong to a weight loss group called TOPS.  We had our installation of new Officers and I volunteered to be the "Contest Coordinator".   Many of the ladies love football so I thought I would incorporate losing weight and football for my first contest.  This is what I came up with.
I started with a piece of sheet metal, framed
 cork board, green burlap, magnetics, liquid 
white paint, brown CS and paper footballs. 
I covered the sheet metal with the burlap and glued it
to the framed cork board.  I glued the footballs to the 
magnetics. 
To make the lines I used  liquid white paint. 

The numbers are cut from CS using a die cut. 

I assigned a football to each person at TOPS and
divided the group into two teams.  If they lose weight
their football gains yardage towards their goal line
to score a touchdown.  If they gain weight they receive
a penalty and their football is moved back 10 yards.
Each week they have a group goal and gain extra
yardage if they complete their goals.
The contest has been a big hit. I hope I can continue to motivate these ladies and myself to continue on the road (field) to losing weight and good health!!  Have a super great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment