Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Flowers & Burlap

A few weeks ago I took a flower class at the Hen House.  The instructor Kathy taught us to make each of the flowers shown here.  It was so much fun.  I put together a project using a couple of the flowers.  I have lots of pictures today so make sure you scroll all the way down to the last picture. 
All these flowers were made using dies.  Of course
I really want to buy these dies....hee hee

These two brown flowers were my favorite.  The one on the left
was made of a brown paper bag and the one on the right was
made using a sewing pattern.  Next time I see a sewing
pattern at a garage sale I buying it. The pink flower was
made of pattern CS.  

These flowers were made of felt.

The yellow flower with dots is made of  material with sticky
 backing.  I really love the pattern on the  black and white ones.  

These were the first flowers I made.  You had to roll them up to
create the rose like look.  As you can see I left a big whole in
the middle of the pink one. LOL  Kathy told me I can just add a
large bling in the middle.  

I decided to use the brown flowers to decorate a candle.
These are them items I used.   

I should have used a brown sugar candle instead of the red. 



I used the inks and a sponge to add color to the printed paper.  

I decide to add some burlap over the sponged CS.
 The burlap was to plain so I  sponged it with some 
brown  ink to give it some color. 


My husband brought me some suit cases filled with material.
(Like I am going to sew...hee hee  I will use it on my crafts. )
(He was helping his brother clean out a house for a elderly  friend)
As you can see this burlap is VERY old. Do you remember the TG&Y's.
They were great dime stores back then. That had to be at least 30 or 40 years ago.
The Good O'l days. 
 LOL

Since I don't buy material I don't know if this was a good price
 compared to today.  I am sure it is.
Sorry for the long blog today but I hope it made you think of the Good O'l days.  Thank you for spending your precious time with me today

No comments:

Post a Comment