Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Yesterday I attended a funeral for a very special lady from our Church.  Helen was a best friend to my Mother-in-law and she is going to be deeply missed.  Helen had many talents, she did needle point and crochet. One afternoon while I was visiting with her she told me to pick something from her home to remember her by.  For as long as I can remember, on her front door hung this beautiful hand stitched bow by her sister.  I always admired how beautiful it was.  I told Helen I would always have her in my heart and I wouldn't take it from her.  Her daughter remembered that day and after she passed away she gave it to me as a remembrance of her Mother.  I will cherish it forever.   


Helen's sister made each stitch just perfect. 




Its just beautiful don't you think?  For those of you who needle point and/or cross stitch I commend you!!!  I do not have the patience to work with those needles.  Remember to hug those you love and tell them how much you love them everyday!  Each day is a new canvas to paint upon.  Make sure your picture is full of life and happiness, and at the end of the day you don't look at it and wish you had painted something different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment