Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Memory Letter Album

Good Morning!  Today is a long posting.  Get your coffee or tea and relax. As I mentioned on Monday, my Mom turned 70 on Sunday.  As a gift to my Mom I had all of the family and friends write a letter with a memory/birthday wish.  I wanted to put them into something that she could cherish for years to come and something she could pass on to us five girls.  I bought this chip board photo album at Micheal's a few months ago because I was going to make one of the amazing photo books Debbie makes. Of course I never did so I am using it for my Mom's letters.  
Inside of the photo book. 

Outside standing up.

I picked a very colorful and crazy pattern paper packet
to cover and decorate the album.  


Finished outside cover.


Finished album standing up.

The first inside page. 

The right side is a pocket.  I printed out all the letters on
colored paper since most letters I received through my email.

This page has a flap on the left you open to insert the letter
(see picture below) On the right side the mailed letter
is inserted at the top. 

Here we have a flip up pocket on the left and a
pull out tab on the right. 



I punched flowers and added bling to this panel.

The saying on the left says: Home is where your story begins.
I used stickers through out the album to add wording.
I should have stamped sayings on the paper before gluing
them down.  A lesson learned for the next book.

The right side has a flap with a letter inserted inside. 


This panel has a double flip pocket so I was able to insert
four letters here.  Three which are hand written.
People just don't mail and write letters anymore.
 Including me...hee hee


Two flip up flaps with pockets. 

When I took this picture I had not received all the letters yet.
Two letters will be inserted here. 

This is the last page.  I added two pull out tags and
inserted two memories here. The last page I left blank
waiting for the additional letters. 


Back of the book. 
You made it through the long posting!!  My Mom loved the book and letters very much.  My sisters and I decided we will write and add a new letter for my Mom's birthday each year from now on.  Have a super great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment