Monday, January 21, 2013

Lots of Glitter

The wonderful thing I love about crafting is you never know what you will end up with.  Sometimes your mistakes end up being your best projects and sometimes your worst. LOL   My niece is baptizing her son in February so I thought I would make a layered white card with crosses and a touch of blue ink.  That is not what I ending up creating.....hee hee
I used die cuts and embossing folders for all the layers.  Taking the ink
pad I ran it over the top of each layer.  Only the embossed part of the CS
was inked  blue leaving behind the white base.
Using Foam strips I attached all the layers together.  This is when I went looking for my
3D crosses to add to the top of the card.  Couldn't find them!!  Ugggh!!!  (I really need to
clean out my crafting room!!) So I came across these Martha Stewart felt flowers and decided
to use them instead turning the card into a birthday card. 

So this is where all the glitter came into play.  I attached the silver clips with lots of clear glue.
When  it dried it left a noticeable shinny glow under the clips.  So not sure what to do with the shinny parts I saw the Mod Podge on my table and used it. I took a paint brush and covered the card in Mod Podge and sprinkled glitter over the whole card.  It came out beautiful.  I would have never thought to use Mod Podge and glitter on my cards.  
 
Inside of the card I also used the Mod Podge and glitter. 


Felt flowers from Martha Stewart. 

I hope your week is filled with shinny glitter smiles and heart felt flowers...

No comments:

Post a Comment