On Wednesday night I took a dessert to our Ladies Card Night. My son's girlfriend Brittny brought this cheese ball to a birthday party and it was a BIG hit. Trust me you will want to make this dessert. So I am giving you the recipe. You will not be able to stop eating it. Let me know how much you enjoy it. Thank you Brittny!!
|These are the chocolate bars I made for the ladies on Wednesday night.|
Red Velvet Cheese BallIngredients
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups red velvet cake mix, dry
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- assorted cookies and crackers (vanilla wafers are the best)
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Add in the red velvet cake mix, the brown sugar and the powdered sugar. Beat until smooth and combined.
- Turn the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap. Wrap up into a ball and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Put the chocolate chips on a plate or in a shallow dish. Remove the cheese ball from the refrigerator and unwrap. Roll in the chocolate chips. (This might get messy) Place on a serving plate and serve with cookies or graham crackers.