Saturday, January 28, 2012

Hi everyone. Today is my daughter's Birthday.  Happy Birthday Stephanie.  I can't believe she is already 22 years old.  Time goes by so fast.  They say our Golden Years are when we retire, I say our golden years are when we are raising our children.  They grow up so fast but they will always be our little babies...  

So on to my cards for today. For those of you who have never created your own paper design here is a fun way to do it.  Starting with blank card stock, stamp an image with Versamark and embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then you add ink to the cards.  I used my sponges and blended all the inks together. This brings out the embossed image. 

I stamped a cupcake on scrape paper,  colored it and cut it out.  I added CTMH Glitz glitter gel to the frosting and the cherry.  My camera doesn't capture the colors well.  The card stock is dark purple not brown.  The colors are very bright and the embossing brings the cupcakes to life.

Here I did the same technique using the CTMH  Wishing Star set. The saying is stamped on Twill:  "Just wanted you to know...".  You're my Shining Star" is stamped, punched and attached to the Twill.  I used off white card stock so the stars are a cream color and look 3D in person.
Have a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment